Women's Wednesday Bible Study: Abraham
Every first and third Wednesday until May 4, 2022
6:30pm – 8:00pmCategory: Women's Bible Study | Coordinator: Women's Ministry
Living in the Gap Between Promise and Reality: The Gospel According to Abraham, by Iain M. Duguid (Series: The Gospel According to the Old Testament)
The Women’s Ministry of New Covenant Presbyterian Church encourage all the ladies to join in on this exciting study led by Lisa Beth Smith and Beth Wise. We meet on the 1st & 3rd Wednesdays of each month at the Shepherd’s home. Childcare is offered three doors down at the Sage's home. We begin at 6:30 p.m. and finish with prayer promptly at 8:00 p.m. We also offer Zoom access. This study is easy to “pop in and out of” so if you miss a week or so, you won’t be lost! For suggestions about where to purchase your book, or information about the study or childcare locations, or Zoom access, contact email@example.com.
Description: God made Abraham glorious promises, but the patriarch still spent years living in a gap between their fulfillment and his day-to-day reality. We can often relate to him. Working through the Genesis account, Iain Duguid shows how Abraham, in both his faith and failure, points to Jesus and the gospel, providing an example and a profound encouragement for us today.
Table of Contents:
- The Preparation of a Saint (Genesis 11:27-32)
- Believing the Unbelievable (Genesis 12)
- Take the Money or Open the Box (Genesis 13)
- In the Days of Good King Abraham (Genesis 14)
- Faith Laying Hold of God (Genesis 15)
- Faith Stumbling (Genesis 16)
- Our Covenant God (Genesis 17)
- God’s Friend (Genesis 18)
- The Titanic Sinks (Genesis 19)
- Two Steps Forward, One Step Back (Genesis 20)
- Crossing the Rubicon (Genesis 21)
- Faith Put to the Test (Genesis 22)
- Funeral for a Friend (Genesis 23)
- God Helps Those Who Help Themselves? (Genesis 24)
- The End of the Road (Genesis 25:1-18)
Iain M. Duguid (PhD, University of Cambridge) is professor of Old Testament at Westminster Theological Seminary, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
(Anticipated dates that we will not meet: Dec. 15, 2021; April 6, 2022.)